Thursday, February 3, 2011

Zucchini Cakes

I've got to be honest, this was my third attempt at perfecting these stupid  zucchini cakes.  My first time was the "veggie pancake fail slop" I referenced here.  And I didn't even mention my second attempt because it certainly wasn't blog worthy.  But, I have finally perfected the zucchini cake and I'm proud to share it with all of you.

Ingredients:
1 large zucchini grated, excess water removed (I did this by putting the grated zucchini into paper towels and squeezing to release the water)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Sprinkle of ground nutmeg
Sprinkle of paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.


Using a heaping tablespoon, form the mixture into patties.  Heat skillet with some cooking spray or heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat.  Once heated, add patties and cook until golden brown.  About 3 - 4 minutes per side.



Place cakes on paper towel to drain excess oil.


And serve.


1 zucchini made about 6 cakes.  I shoveled these in with some salsa.

Success!

5 comments:

  1. I love zucchini cakes! Those look fabulous!!! And I want a griddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so yummy. You gotta try them. And you should get the griddler...Cuisinart makes one. It's a grill, panini press, and griddle. Doooo it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious Gail! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa! These are delicious, you gotta try them! Miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete