Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ugly Sweater Party & Sunday Dinner

Yo Yo Yo! 

Happy Holidays everyone. I'm ready to pump out a 4 day boozy week and then enjoy 10 days off. Bring on some free time (aka no work)!

Anyway, this weekend I went to an ugly sweater party at my friend Koryn's house. I was too busy shoving my face to take any food shots but she had quite the spread. Buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip, meatballs, mini pizzas, pigs in a blanket, mini tacos, veggies, and endless desserts...



Also in the mix was a baked brie I brought over. Again, forgot to snap a picture, but it was bangin'...trust me.

After making my self sick eating too much last night, I woke up this morning in need of a nutritious home cooked meal. I had most of this in my house already and stopped by the store to get a few more things. In roughly a half hour, I cooked up a fab meal for 1...and I'll be enjoying the leftovers all week for lunches and probably dinners too...

Balsamic Honey Glazed Chicken, Caramelized Onion Quinoa, Lemon Pepper Green Beans, and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes



Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup chicken brother
2 Tbs honey
3 garlic cloves chopped
2 Tbs lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
1 pat butter

Directions:
Rinse chicken breasts, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.  In skillet, melt butter and add olive oil.  Add chicken, and cook 5 - 7 minutes on each side until cooked all the way through.



Remove chicken, place on a plate, and cover with tinfoil.

Put balsamic, honey, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth in skilled and let thicken up for about 5 minutes.  Scrape any leftover bits with a spatula.

Pour sauce over chicken.

To go with my chicken, I cooked up a quick batch of quinoa with some chicken broth and caramelized some onions.



I also had a handful of fingerling potatoes laying around which I tossed in olive oil, salt,  pepper, and roasted.



Lastly, I steamed some green beans and tossed them in lemon pepper spice from Trader Joe's.

So, there you have it...it looks super ambitious but really its super easy.

Off to watch the Next Iron Chef finale!  Who are you rooting for??

No comments:

Post a Comment